We are looking for young people aged between 16 and 23 years old with a genuine passion for sport, who has had some practical experience in the sport industry and who is highly motivated. In return, the apprentice programme and our in-house expertise will ensure that we offer a valuable range of work experience.
The aim of the Foundation Sports apprenticeship scheme is to enable individuals to learn skills specific to jobs roles within a sports and education sector and to gain experience of working in those environments. Learning takes place on the job. Apprentices build their knowledge and skills in the work place, whilst at the same time gaining qualifications and making a contribution Foundation Sports' work for the benefit of the community.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications and workplace experience. Apprenticeships enable employers to build their workforce by developing people to gain job specific skills whilst working alongside experienced staff.
Sport Industry apprenticeships are designed by the sector skills council for sport,
Skills Active, with the government helping to fund the training. Business representatives from the sports industry have worked with Skills Active to create apprenticeship programmes that ensure qualifications and training are current and relevant to the industry.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship, learners must be:
- Aged 16 years or over
- Not currently in any other full time educational programme
- Cannot hold a HND, higher qualification or a degree in the area the apprenticeship is in
Apprenticeships are emerging as providing the highest standard of work-based training. Foundation Sports will initially provide two levels of apprenticeships:
Intermediate Level Apprenticeships
- Apprentices work towards work-based learning qualifications such as a Level 2 Competence Qualification, Functional Skills and, in most cases, a relevant knowledge-based qualification.
Advanced Level Apprenticeships
- Apprentices work towards work-based learning such as a Level 3 Competence Qualification, Functional Skills and, in most cases, a relevant knowledge based qualification.
We will be delivering a 1st4sport framework of qualifications for the following apprenticeship programmes:
- Intermediate Level Sports Coaching (Activity Leadership) - Coaching Pathway
- Intermediate Level PE & School Sport (Activity Leadership) - Leadership Pathway
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Sports Development
Each of the qualifications we deliver are tailored to the needs of the participants whilst ensuring they meet the qualification criteria set by the awarding body.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org